AeroFlow Aerial Yoga
Aerial Yoga is a fairly new practice that modifies traditional yoga poses using the aerial hammock apparatus to encourage deeper stretching, lengthening and strengthening. The aerial hammock/swing is suspended from the ceiling, allowing gravity to assist in playful, creative and fluid movement without compressing the joints or spine. While it may be beneficial to have an established yoga practice before participating, there is no experience necessary to join. Our professionally trained instructors will lead you through a safe and supported practice.
Benefits of an aerial yoga practice may include:
+ Decompression of the spine and tight joints
+ Increased core strength
+ Increased flexibility and balance
+ Improved posture and alignment
+ Stress relief
+ Deeper stretches, with less straining
+ Overall muscular strengthening
+ Increased self-esteem by conquering fears
+ Increased brain functioning by building new neural pathways through movement
+ Increased creativity, fun and exploration
+ Deeper mind-body connection
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes early to adjust your hammock height.
- Do not eat at least one hour prior to class.
- Bring a water bottle with a lid.
- Wear comfortable, form-fitting clothing that allows you to move. We request a fitted T-shirt with sleeves (covering the armpits) that will stay in place shall you go upside down and pants/capris that cover the thighs and back of the knees.
- No perfumes, lotions or jewelry please.
- We will be barefoot.
- For maximum comfort, we request a weight limit of approximately 250 lbs.
Contraindications: Please consult with a doctor if you have any of these conditions. While this is an extensive list, it may not be comprehensive:
Easy onset vertigo, Inner ear problems, Severe balance issues, Severe muscle spasm, Severe neck or back pain, Recent surgery, Osteoporosis or bone weakness, Glaucoma, Very high or low blood pressure, Propensity for fainting, Recent head trauma, Obesity, Severe arthritis, Head cold, flu or sinusitis, Hiatal hernia, Disc herniation, Pregnancy beyond the 1st trimester, Recent stroke, Radiculitis, Cebral sclerosis, Trauma, Botox within 24 hours